The fast, easy to use, open source 3D printer
Just like the Original the Ultimaker 2 will remain open source. We dare to share our knowledge because we believe we can achieve even more when working together.
Easy to use and reliable
To operate the Ultimaker 2 you don’t need any specific technological knowledge. With its 49 decibel it’s a quiet machine. Because the electronics are bundled the Ultimaker 2 is stable and reliable. With its nice design the Ultimaker 2 is suitable in any working or living interior.
Designed for non-expert and expert
We’ve made the Ultimaker 2 to be as easy as possible. You don’t need to have a huge technological background to understand our printer. At the same time we’ve developed the printer in a way that it’s still interesting for experts to work and create with.
Larger build ratio
We’ve managed to get an even better print-to-size ratio. This means the printer size has remained the same, and the print envelope became bigger.
Low cost material
Beside the fact that the Ultimaker doesn’t use a lot of power, the material you use to print is also low cost. This makes the use of an Ultimaker very affordable.
357 x 342 x 388 mm
230 x 225 x 205 mm
30 - 300 mm/s
up to 20 micron (0.02mm)
- Layer resolution: up to 20 micron
- Build volume: 23 x 22.5 x 20.5 cm
- Position precision X Y Z: 12.5 / 12.5 / 5 micron
- Print speed: 30 mm/s - 300 mm/s
- Travel speed: 30 mm/s - 350 mm/s
- Recommended filament diameter: 2.85 mm
- Nozzle diameter: 0.4 mm
- Stand-alone SD-card printing
- WiFi printing ready (future upgradeable)
- Software: Cura - Official Ultimaker
- Print technology: Fused filament fabrication (FFF)
- Frame dimension X Y Z: 35.7 / 34.2 / 38.8 cm (no filament)
- Frame dimension X Y Z: 49.2 / 34.2 / 55.8 cm (with filament)
- Operation nozzle temperature: 180° - 260° C
- Operation heated bed temperature: 50° - 100° C
- Ambient operation temperature: 15° - 32° C
- Storage temperature: 0° - 32° C
- AC input: 100 - 240 V / ~4 AMPS / 50 - 60 HZ / 221 watt max.
- Power requirements: 24 V DC @ 9.2 AMPS
- Usage cost: ~ €0.05 / cm3 (material and power)